Sunday, September 9, 2012

Word Family Fun and a Freebie

Each week I introduce my firsties to a new word family. When they go into their literacy work stations I want them to practice making words with the chunk each week. So, I created "Word Family Fun" packets to put in the work stations.
I found these cute containers at the Dollar Tree that I will put the letter tiles in.
The first one I created was the -an word family

I also created the -ug word family.

Then I created the -og word family. 

I also created the -ip word family.
All of my Word Family Fun  packets are in my TN store.

I also had these plastic file folder envelopes that I will put the word family units in.

Now for the freebie!! Here is a copy of the word family fun record sheet for each unit. Click on the picture below to grab a copy.
I am off for a quick run to Target to check out the $1 bins and see what goodies I can find!

11 comments:

  1. So adorable!! I absolutely love the containers. You have to love the Dollar Tree!! I am going to have to go on the hunt for those! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,
      Aren't they the cutest!! When I saw them earlier this summer I could not pass hem up and had to figure out a way to use them!! They were in the baby section.

      Delete
  2. So clever. -og with a frog, -ug with a bug....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Jones!!! I love your website!! So cute!! I really love those word families...that is SO creative!

    And wanted to let you know about Tuesday Ta Da tomorrow at FCS and Then Some!
    http://fcsandthensome.blogspot.com

    Ok, I really can't get over those families..what a brilliant idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,
      Thanks for stopping by!! I will have to check out your Tuesday Ta Da!!

      Delete
  4. Ms. Jones- I love your word family packs. Very cute, very creative. Thanks for sharing.

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy,
      Thank you and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Hi Crystal! Ohhh - those are so adorable - what a lovely, creative idea! Thank you for sharing! :)

    Wendy
    Teacher's Toolkit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Wendy,
      Thanks for the compliments and becoming a follower!

      Delete